Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting the Art On

30 Days of Get Your Art On

TWO big things are happening in my creative world. 
And
TWO big things are happening in my sports-watching world. 

ART-I-NESS
THING ONE--Traci Bunkers, a fiber dyer and creator of some note has invited folks of similar mindedness to join her in July for "30 Days of Get Your Art On."  The idea is to spend at least 30 minutes a day for the next 30 days on art of some kind and to blog, or not, about what you've done.  I'm including spinning and weaving in my definition of art (you should too) and playing along.  Actually, my spinning will involve working with Traci -dyed fibers.

THING TWO--Tour de Fleece is an event on Ravelry that runs coincident with the Tour de France.  The idea is that spinners of yarn actually spin on every day during the Tour de France.  Folks join ridiculously-named teams and post photos of what they've done.  There are contests and prizes--fun for all!!!
And, that brings me to . . .  

 SPORT-I-NESS

THING ONE -- Tour de France, Tour de France, Tour de France, Tour de France, Tour de France.  Need I say more?  This year includes my FAVORITE event: the Team Time Trial which is essentially ballet on bicycles--beautiful!! You can (and should) watch it on Sunday 7-3 at 7:30 am. 

THING TWO-- Womens World Cup is being played during the month of July.  If you know me you know that the choice of watching a World Cup match live or watching a Tour stage live is not one I'll easily make.  Kelly says this places me firmly on the sports lunatic fringe.  




2 comments:

Traci Bunkers said...

YAY! I'm glad that you have joined! I of course consider spinning and knitting and all of that art. I'm hoping to get some spinning done as well during the 30 Days.

Barbara Hagerty said...

I'm here from Traci's 30 Days, and I can't wait to spend some time on your blog. I did a lot of weaving and art crocheting for awhile, and l Iove to see what everyone is up to creatively, even though it's been a few years since I was involved in fiber arts.

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know