Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knitting after hand surgery

All of the pre-surgery apprehension was COMPLETELY wasted.

I had my surgery at 11:30 on Wednesday and was knitting on Friday morning! I knit continental so, holding the needle with my "damaged" right hand was easy--knitting and purling were absolutely no problem. Knit 2 together was more difficult because of the extra strain, but not impossible. I finished my dishcloth KAL and screwed up the pattern, so I did another one--both completed by Saturday at 9:30 am--AND I slept ALL day Thursday (good meds) AND went to a soccer game on Friday night (we won!!!).

Sooooo, If you are someone who knits, and who needs to have carpal tunnel surgery, and who happens to somehow stumble upon my obscure and largely unread blog--I'm here to tell you to FEAR NOT. I am really surprised by how much it DOESN'T hurt. I was through with the pain meds by noon Thursday. I'm the worlds BIGGEST baby so, I'm not gutting it out.

Now I'm off to so some more knittin' . . . . AFTER I go watch my son in the first bike race of the season--sucks I can't hold my camera . . . or Can I???????

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know