Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Day of Darkness

I've had my darkroom enlarger for over a year. And for the entire summer last year (since the kids were gone) I had the darkroom set up in the kids' bathroom, but never mixed up the chemicals--never even plugged in the enlarger to see if the light would come on. So, even though I've been developing film at home for some time, I haven't printed a single negative.

Last night and for several hours this morning, I printed proof sheets for 14 rolls of film. I have more to print, but ran out of paper.

I took pictures of my hillbilly darkroom set-up with my digital camera, but screwed up loading them onto the computer and consequently lost them. Isn't THAT funny?

I LOVE it in the red-light tinged dark, and found that printing was waaaaay less trouble than I thought it would be. AND, it was also a lot less effort to mix up the chemicals and clean up than anticipated. So, I'll be at the store when it opens tomorrow to buy more paper and everyone on my Christmas list who doesn't get hand knit or hand woven stuff will get a B&W print of something I like.

No comments:

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know