Saturday, June 27, 2009

How hot is it??

It is soooooo hot, I thought I'd get a ride in before it got to be 90 degrees. But, the cycling gods had other plans because the metal part of the valve on my front tube sheered off, which prevented me from pumping up that perfectly good tube and therefore required a tire change---well tube really.

The problem is, that although we have close to a dozen bikes in the garage and several sets of extra wheels, my bike is the only one to have size 650 wheels. So, although we have numerous spare tires for different riding conditions and a box of brand new tubes, there was only one tube of the size I needed. And, that one is the spare I carry on the bike.

Putting the spare on my bike meant, of course that I'd be riding without a spare tube, which is dumb and an affront to my belt and suspenders manner of operating.

I got my ride in, though. I stopped at LEE's my favorite bike shop and bought 4 tubes. The ride was great, even though the temp on my cycle computer showed 104 degrees before I finished the ride at 11 am. That temp is probably not too far off because it is always a LOT hotter on the pavement. In any case, the bank sign said it was 95.

When I got home, Kelly was no where to be found--out running errands. But he'd left his mark. There, stacked in the middle of the garage, were five tubes of a size to fit my bike.


Kelly had gone to the other branch of the bike shop I visited and got them for me.

THAT, my friends, is HOT.

No comments:

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know