Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mini-Me (the other loom)

Jeanine, masterful (and generous) spinner, weaver, grower of silk worms, glass bead maker, and sometime knitter (she probably does more stuff I just don’t know about) loaned me a loom she wasn’t using.

The loom is of the same make (LeClerc) as my loom, but is much smaller and has hence been dubbed mini-me.

The big one, whom I call Bertha, sports 7 yard warp of a rayon boucle in a bright spring green, to be woven variously with coordinating (I hope) rayon knitting yarns into narrow springy/summery twill scarves. Mini-me is attired in a purple (I’d like to say plum, but it is purple) commercial bamboo warp with some bamboo handspun occasionally intermingled therein. Mini-me will be woven with bamboo handspun, also in a twill pattern.

About Mini-me, Alex commented that every time he visits home, I have some new trinket to play with.

And, speaking of Alex. He's my youngest, and he turned 20 yesterday. So, I'm no longer raising teenagers--whew!!! Although to be honest, it (raising teens) really wasn't much of a burden. Here is a pic of the birthday boy trying on a new shirt.

And finally, the bike perched at the top of the stairs is positive evidence that Alex is indeed home for the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glass bead maker? now you're talkin.....I can't wait for you to start that hobby ;)

ann I am said...

No making glass beads for me--molten stuff (except for caramelized sugar) and flames (except for gas grills and campfires) scare me.

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know