Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Three Shoe Day!

Long ago, when the kids were small and the knees still worked, every so often I'd have what I like to call a 3 shoe day.  I'd get to wear my cleats (boots) coaching kid's soccer in the morning, I'd get to wear bike shoes on an afternoon ride, and then slip on the Sambas for an indoor soccer game--those were great days. Three shoe days! 

I wore the same shoes all day yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it was a 3 shoe day.  Kelly and I met some long-time friends we hadn't seen for ages for lunch. 

We went to the airport to see the solar powered airplane. The plane is making an around-the-world flight without using any fuel. The plane made an unscheduled stop in Tulsa and is housed in an airplane hangar here until the weather clears and it can resume flying. 

I returned to work to hear the incomparable Dean Erwin Chemerinsky talk about the Supreme Court and the 2016 election.  He's a captivating speaker.

Then, I attended a fabulous team meeting for the ACTS retreat.

 If that's not a 3-shoe day, then they aren't being made any more.  It was a rainy Monday to boot.  

No comments:

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know