Friday, July 13, 2012

THIS might be why I never really get ahead of my messes

I am once again participating in the Tour de Fleece, a yarn spinning event that coincides with the Tour de France. I have roughly 10 pounds of washed wool ready to spin. That 10 pounds does not take into account the tonnage of gorgeous commercially prepared stuff that is ready to spin.

I don't feel like spinning.

Today the first clue (release of part of a pattern) for a mystery knit-a-long was released. The pattern uses sock yarn, I have a number of balls of sock yarn (double digits). I have "some" handspun yarn too. By "some" I might mean more than one tub, but tubs vary in size so some is descriptive enough. Yet, even though I don't know what the mystery knit-a-long will look like (I do know it's a shawl), I am absolutely certain NoNE of the yarn I own is suitable.

So, I'm probably (definitely) going to scoot out at lunch time to get more yarn. However, as soon as the yarn is procured, I'm fairly certain the urge to knit it will pass and I'll decide to weave or refinish furniture or rearrange the attic instead.

H E L P

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know