Saturday, April 18, 2009

YEA!!! I GET TO VISIT

THE GOOD NEWS!!!!
I'm going next weekend, Friday 24th through Monday, to Maryland to visit Meredith. I 'm extremely excited. And, actually I should say couldn't be more excited, and that's pretty close to the truth, BUT I was looking online for yarn, and spinning and weaving stores to visit and . . .
HERE'S THE BAD NEWS . . .
I just so happens that the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is the VERY NEXT WEEKEND. Dang! That is just awful timing. Oh well, if I went I'd undoubtedly spend more money than I have, which after buying a plane ticket is next to nothing anyway. And, since I'm now on alert about the festival, maybe I'll plan a visit next year to coincide. More likely it will slip my mind and I'll be re-posting the same lament next year.

A few gals from the Tulsa Handweavers Guild and I traveled to Norman last weekend for our own fiber festival of sorts. We visited Gwen the most masterful fiber dyer and got to choose which fibers and colors we wanted her to run through her MONSTER electric drum carder to make our own custom bats. We lunched at the Pink Elephant where I ordered a wacky combination of andoulle (sp?) sausage and shrimp served over grits--yum!. We sipped tea on Gwen's deck and generally had a great time. I'll post photos later.

Right now, I've got to guzzle some more coffee, load up my spinning wheel and related implements, and scoot off to the Tulsa Handspinners meeting.

No comments:

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know