Sunday, September 30, 2007

BAG ENVY

My fairly crafty, but decidedly needle averse gal pal, Beth travels to book trade shows in her job. Even though she thinks my knitting obsession is goofy, she has faithfully brought me several (well bunches, actually) of swell and FrEE bags for my knitting. I have 6 such bags currently in use: (1) the dishcloth bag (2 UFOs there); (2) the side-to-side garter stitch sweater bag; (3) sock bag--duh (2 nearly completed socks there); (4) the ridiculously long red scarf bag (said scarf being knitted for son-Alex); (5) the baby blanket bag; and (6) the mitten bag.


I thought I was being somewhat obsessive to have that number and variety of projects going at once. UNTIL an epiphany arrived just the other day by way of knittingdaily.com. http://www.knittingdaily.com/posts/bags/253-1.html (that link is really ugly--I don't know how to make it nice and pretty like everyone else does). An article there shares a lovely knitting bag and discusses the author's obsession with knitting bags. She also shares the fact that her UFOs are in DOUBLE DIGITS. Apparently this is not unusual in the knitting world as scores of others came forth to post comments confessing to similar numbers of UFOs.

HOLY SHIT. I'm not even in the running here . . . I've got empty needles . . . I've got stash . . . I've gotta cast on more stuff . . . there is the Lucy Bag, another baby blanket, booties to go with the blankets, felted slippers for Christmas gifts, something lace--I've never really done lace, except lace-ish dishcloths, and MITTENS, ohhhhhh Mittens are almost as much fun as socks, and more and more socks . . . LATER
oh yeah, Beth-- I will need more bags

3 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Since you have so many new things that you want to try you should join www.dosomethingnewKAL.blogspot.com. It's a fun group of people.

ann I am said...

Good Idea, I'll go look. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Since you have so many new things that you want to try you should join www.dosomethingnewKAL.blogspot.com. It's a fun group of people.

October 1, 2007 6:11 AM>>

don't encourage her

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know