Saturday, February 17, 2007

Backwards Knitting????

Oh yeah!! I can do it!

In the Modular Knitting book I read about backwards knitting. Knitting from your left needle to the right keeps you from having to turn your work so often on short rows. I was making myself crazy AND cranky twisting the yarn around my work every few stitches. So, I tried AND can actually do it. Suprisingly the tension is really even so when the row is finished, I can't tell which way I knitted. Problem is, unless you can remember where you were (like THAT would ever happen), when the knitting is laid aside it is REALLY hard to tell were you are in the pattern 'cause you can literally go either way.

I'm gonna give it a try with the lace pattern on the monthly dishcloth KAL and see if I completely confuse myself.

My Tattoo

My Tattoo
A bike chain tattoo, that is It's chain lube ya know